The Advisory Committee on Social Witness Policy (ACSWP) serves the prophetic calling of the whole Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) by providing its General Assembly with careful studies of pressing moral challenges, media for discussion and discernment of Christian responsibilities, and policy recommendations for faithful action.
The term “social witness policy” refers to the positions adopted by the General Assembly to express its stance on and guide response to issues in the public order, including their relation to the church’s own life and mission. These positions may take the form of policy statements, resolutions, study papers, or social involvement reports, as defined in the Manual of the General Assembly, Guidelines and Policies of the General Assembly, p. 55-58.
The Faces of ACSWP
- World of Hurt, Word of Life: Renewing God’s Communion in the Work of Economic Reconstruction
- Boycotts: Policy Analysis and Criteria
- Peace Discernment Interim Report – “Encountering the Gospel of Peace Anew: An Invitation to Discernment and Witness”
- For Human Rights and Civic Freedom: Movements for Democratic Change in the Arab World
- Human Rights Update 2010
- Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) General Assembly Resolution on Reproductive Health
- Israel-Palestine: For Human Values in the Absence of a Just Peace