Unbound welcomes unsolicited submissions consistent with the journal’s justice ethos and community-building objectives. Further, submissions are not limited to any single form of expression; some may combine or suggest illustrations and contain web-links. The goal is to broaden participation and perspectives. Unbound thus publishes articles designated for the thematic journal published four to six times a year; timely articles, interviews and discussion pieces to be posted in between journal issues (generally addressing current issues and events); blogs; sermons; and a variety of art and multimedia, including photos, videos, paintings/drawings (scanned), poetry, and music.
Process of Submission
For all submissions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Name, e-mail, phone number, address, organizational and/or religious community association (if any) of the Contributor
- The phrase “UNBOUND submission” in the subject line
- Nature of the submission, i.e. Is it an article for the thematic journal or a poetry selection or something else?
- Written assurance that you are the owner of all copyrights and other intellectual property rights to the material and that the material does not violate or infringe another’s rights, including, but not limited to, privacy, publicity or intellectual property, and that the material does not infringe any other copyrights, is not defamatory and is not a violation of law; and
- An abstract of no more than 200 words describing the thesis and/or purpose of the submission. The abstract should be located in the body of the message. Attached abstracts with no abstract in the body will not be opened.
At this time, following the tradition of Church & Society, we do not offer compensation for the publication of submissions.