Unbound, in its journalistic advocacy of justice, provides a network of campaigns for your engagement. We seek, first, to provide you with a variety of opportunities to get involved, and secondly, to forge a matrix of tightly collaborating organizations. Why? Because we are stronger when we work together. Because we are wiser when we think and talk together. Because we are more effective when we strategize together. And because we are better Christians when we minister together. One body of Christ, one people, for radical love, justice, and community. Get involved today!
The Campaign for Fair Food calls upon major food buyers to end poverty and modern slavery in the Florida fields by working in partnership with the Coalition of Immokalee Workers (CIW), a human rights award-winning farmworker organization in Immokalee, FL. The Campaign is supported by religious, human rights, student, and sustainable food organizations across the nation, including the PC(USA).
- Read a short post about the Campaign!
- Visit the PC(USA) Campaign for Fair Food website: www.pcusa.org/fairfood.
- Learn about the Coalition of Immokalee Workers: www.ciw-online.org.
- Call on Wendy’s, Publix, Kroger and Ahold supermarkets to sign fair food agreements with the CIW: http://gamc.pcusa.org/ministries/fairfood/take-action-fair-food/.
Healthcare-NOW! is a grassroots organization that addresses the health insurance crisis in the U.S. by educating and advocating for the passage of single-payer healthcare legislation, such as HR 676. It supports building the movement necessary to implement a publicly-funded, single-payer healthcare system that is universal, equitable, transparent, accountable, comprehensive, and that removes financial and other barriers to the right to health.
Enough for Everyone is a ministry of the Presbyterian Hunger Program (PHP) working with congregations and partners around the globe to alleviate hunger and eliminate its causes.
- Find out more: http://gamc.pcusa.org/ministries/enough/.
- Order sweat-free t-shirts (organic, cotton, blank and ready-to-print, and made by a women’s cooperative, rather than a sweatshop). 20% discount for 50 shirts or more: http://gamc.pcusa.org/ministries/enough/sweat-free-t-shirts/.
- Get your Fair Trade coffee here: http://gamc.pcusa.org/ministries/enough/presbyterian-coffee-project/.
- Invest church or personal funds in micro-finance projects that alleviate poverty: http://gamc.pcusa.org/ministries/enough/oikocredit/.
- Energy audits for congregations: http://gamc.pcusa.org/ministries/enough/electric-stewardship/.
PICO is a national network of faith-based community organizations working to create innovative solutions to problems facing urban, suburban and rural communities. Since 1972 PICO has successfully worked to increase access to health care, improve public schools, make neighborhoods safer, build affordable housing, redevelop communities and revitalize democracy.
Through its ten member networks, PHEWA equips individuals and communities for lives of dignity and hope through educational resources, peer support, and public advocacy. Member networks include Presbyterians for Addiction Action (PAA), Presbyterian Association for Community Transformation (PACT), Presbyterians Against Domestic Violence Network (PADVN), Presbyterian AIDS Network (PAN), Presbyterians Affirming Reproductive Options (PARO), Presbyterian Association of Specialized Pastoral Ministries (PASPM), Presbyterian Child Advocacy Network (PCAN), Presbyterians for Disability Concerns (PDC), Presbyterian Health Network (PHN), and Presbyterian Serious Mental Illness Network (PSMIN).
As an interfaith coalition, the “Faithful Budget” campaign, prays and works to protect U.S. federal programs that serve people living in poverty. All across the country, faith communities are uniting to pray and ask Congress for a just and compassionate federal budget that puts the “least of these” first.
- Find out more: www.nccendpoverty.org/budget/faithfulbudget.html.
- Get involved: www.nccendpoverty.org/budget/FaithfulBudgetActionToolkit.html.
- Sign the petition.
- Watch their video.
Don’t see your campaign here? Contact us and tell us all about it!